Tuesday 1 May 2012

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

A new DVR with a never-before-seen feature doesn't come around every day, and if it's the sort of amenity that works in every room of the house, without compromise, then we just have to review it. What would make the list? Try the Dish Hopper whole-home DVR, which can record six shows at once. Of course, there are specs and marketing claims, and then there's real-world performance. Is this set-top box everything we could have dreamed of? There's only one way to find out: you'll have to meet us past the break and take a walk through our full review.

Continue reading Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review

Filed under:

Dish Hopper whole-home DVR review originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:00:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments


mark buehrle mark buehrle rick perry ad rick perry ad dragnet dragnet immaculate conception

2 comments:

  1. Engadget did a great review on the Hopper, thanks for the link to the main article Caroline. I have passed the link along to some coworkers I have at Dish, I know they would like to read it. There were a lot features covered by the article, but Primetime Anytime has done the most for my family. With our old DVR we could only record 2 shows, for 4 people. We had arguments about what shows to record but now that we can record 6 at a time we no longer have that issue. Our evenings would almost be drama free, if we could only decide what we want to have for dinner without a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Hunter, the Engadget review was a very long and a great review. I like the Primetime Anytime feature the most because I work nights and it records 90% of the shows I want to watch. Where I used to miss shows because of DVR conflicts with my wife, I don’t have those anymore so I get to watch more shows from NBC, FOX, ABC and CBS when I want, well up to 8 days after airing anyway. Even better, last Thursday I learned about the Auto Hop feature; apparently it will ask you if you want to skip through the commercials in he show you are watching and if you say yes it will. So when I got home Friday morning I tried it, and it worked just like I was told it would. At least that morning when I got to fall asleep on the sofa half way through the show I had a dream about Fringe and not one about winding up in diapers again, but at least they don’t leak.

    ReplyDelete